Setting up VIVE Focus
Setting up VIVE Focus is fast and easy. You'll be immersed in VR in no time.
Important: Before setting up VIVE Focus, do these:
- Prepare a clear and safe area, at least 2m x 2m, that is indoors.
- Charge the headset first. See Charging the headset.
- Remove the protective films that are covering the tracking sensors and the headset lenses.
- Make sure to put the batteries into the controller. See Inserting the batteries into the controller.
- Remember the wireless network name you want to connect to and its password.
- Sign up for a VIVEPORT account as you will need one to log in to VIVEPORT. To sign up for one, go to focus.viveport.com
- Turn on the headset. See Turning on the headset.
- Wear the headset. See Putting on the headset.
- Pick up the controller and then press and hold the The pairing is successful when the controller vibrates for a few seconds. button for a few seconds to turn on the controller and start the pairing process.
- Follow the instructions in the headset to complete the setup. To select objects or press buttons onscreen, point to the object or button using the controller and then press the Trackpad.
During the setup process, you'll be asked to:
- Choose hand orientation.
- Choose the language to use.
- Go through a simple tutorial to learn about the controller functions.
Note: To go through the tutorial again after setting up VIVE Focus, go to .
- Connect to a Wi-Fi® network. See Connecting to a wireless network.
- Sign into VIVEPORT.
- After you're done setting up, you'll be taken to VIVE™ Home. See Using VIVE Home.