Headset and converter
- About the VIVE Pro headset
- Putting on the VIVE Pro headset
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Pro Secure?
- Adjusting the lens distance on the headset
- Replacing the face cushion
- Connecting a USB device to the VIVE Pro headset
- Removing the headset earphones
- Replacing the headset earphones
- Reattaching the head pad on the headset strap
- Updating the headset firmware
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- What can I do to troubleshoot the headset?
- What can I do when the status light on the headset indicates an error?
- What should I do if the headset is not tracked?
- My headset display is blurry. What should I do?
- What can I do to resolve the "headset not found" error?
- My headset can't be detected due to a USB port issue. What should I do?
- After upgrading to Windows 10, VIVE shows as the computer's main monitor. What should I do?
- I'm experiencing skipped frames. What could I do?
- I'm seeing drifting motion or floating objects in VR. What could I do?
- Is there a way to also hear from the computer what's in VR?
- What should I do if there's cracking noise from the headset earphones?
- What can I do if the headset connection status is unstable?
- The headset display suddenly turns blank. What can I do?
- About the VIVE Controllers (2018)
- Connecting the controllers to the computer
- Turning the controllers on or off
- Updating controller firmware
- What should I do if any of the controllers is not tracked?
- How do I know which of the controllers is not being tracked?
- What can I do if the controller's trackpad is oversensitive?
- What should I do if my controller are not recognized?
- I can't use my controller after I accidentally unplugged it during the firmware update. What should I do?
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- Setting up VIVE Pro Secure for the first time
- Setting up a standing-only play area
- Setting up a room-scale play area
- Resetting the play area
- Verifying your setup
- After setting up, how do I turn the VIVE system on?
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Will VR apps that are for limited spaces or stationary experiences only work with a room-scale setup?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
System Dashboard settings
What is VIVE Pro Secure?
What's different with the hardware
|Component||Purpose||Removal Impact||Hardware Modification|
|Headset Wireless Dongles||Built-in wireless accessory to pair accessories such as controllers or trackers directly with the headset.||Accessories need to be connected directly to the USB port of a computer or the headset.||Component power is severed.|
|Headset Cameras||Used for Augmented Reality and additional chaperone functions.||No camera functions*.||Component power is severed.|
|Headset microphone||For chatting and audio recording||No audio detection*.||Microphone chip is removed.|
|Controller radio||Wirelessly connect to the embedded headset dongles or standalone USB dongle to pass controller input, tracking, and haptic data.||Controllers need to be connected directly to the USB port of the computer or headset.||Controller radio chip is removed.|
|Base station radio||
||Base station radio chip is removed.|
|Link box radio||
||Replaced link box with a converter cable that has no radio chip.|
* The USB Type-C™ port on the headset can still be used to connect accessories.
Offline SteamVR library
HTC Business Solution customers receive exclusive access to the offline version of the SteamVR runtime that powers VIVE®’s sub-millimeter room-scale tracking system.
Ideal for secure deployment
Once downloaded, the installer can be used offline. This allows SteamVR to be utilized in a secure environment where the machines are not connected to the internet. When used on a machine with internet connectivity, the installer will not send or receive any data online.
The VIVE Enterprise Portal hosts a library containing a broad range of SteamVR builds. With new releases added as they become available, you can choose when, or if, you want to update to a newer build.
To get started, go to Setting up VIVE Pro Secure for the first time.
Letter of volatility
For a list of the volatile and non-volatile nature of the memory on VIVE Pro Secure, go to https://enterprise.vive.com/support. In the Headsets section, click VIVE Pro Secure > Guide Downloads > Letter of Volatility.
Look at the certification mark on the hardware to check if you're using VIVE Pro Secure components. Go to https://enterprise.vive.com/support and then in the Headsets section, click VIVE Pro Secure > Guide Downloads > Hardware identification. The table shows the certification marks that VIVE Pro Secure components use.
Trade Agreements Act (TAA) compliance
VIVE Pro Secure is TAA compliant. For additional requests regarding compliance, please go to https://www.vive.com/support/contactus.